Hello Harbor Family - We hope you are well during this turbulent time. We as an organization are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation on a local, state, national, and global level, and doing everything we can to make decisions in the best interest of our membership and community.
With Governor Inslee's recent decision to cancel school for the remainder of the year, we are expecting more direction soon in regards to its effect on youth sports organizations and potential field availability once the stay at home order is lifted.
What does this mean for youth soccer? For the time-being we are still on indefinite hold until we are allowed out of our houses and back in group training/game environment. We expect this to last until mid-May at a minimum but even that is just a guess at this point. As soon as we are allowed to resume, we promise will be back on the field!
A few key updates:
- Washington Youth Soccer has, for all intents and purposes, cancelled State Cup competitions. They may or may not offer a similar competition in the summer but this yet to be determined. Regionals and Nationals for both President's Cup and Championship Cup have been cancelled.
- Tryouts for the 2020/21 Harbor Premier season will proceed as soon as we are able to be back on the field and as near to the original dates as possible. If in-person tryouts are not possible, we will proceed with team formation by end of May based on those registered for tryouts. More details will be sent regarding the logistics of this possibility as we get nearer to the dates and have better clarity.
- Harbor Premier Tryout registration will be open by tomorrow 4/9 and will be sent in a separate email. Registration is 100% free and does not obligate you to participation in the 2020/21 Harbor Premier season. Your registration however, will allow us to better plan for the upcoming year so please register as soon as possible.
- The 2020 Harbor Soccer Fall Recreational season is on as planned. However, we have pushed registration opening back one month and it will now open May 1st.
- We have put together a variety of ways our players can keep working with a ball and keep engaged with soccer while at home. Please check out resources below.
We will continue to send updates periodically and as warranted. Updates can also be found at the Washington Youth Soccer coronavirus webpage. In the meantime, we wish you and your family all the best and please reach out with any questions or if we can help in any way.
Harbor Soccer Executive Board President
Harbor Soccer General Manager & Technical Director